In an exclusive interview, Nick Aldis commented on NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Matt Cardona’s injury ahead of NWA Alwayz Ready.
Nick Aldis was originally scheduled to challenge for Matt Cardona’s NWA Worlds Heavyweight Title at Saturday’s pay-per-view, however Cardona recently suffered a torn bicep, and had to undergo surgery ahead of the event.
Speaking with Sanchez Taylor for WrestleTalk.com, Aldis revealed that he found out about Cardona’s injury around the same time as everyone else did.
Discussing the uncertainty surrounding the event, Aldis said:
“I found out he got hurt pretty much the same time as everyone else, shortly after it happened. These things happen, it’s the wrestling business. I’ve torn my bicep before, tore it in 2015 in Mexico. So I understand that it can happen at the blink of an eye. So I did what I always do, which was to make it known to the office that, hey, whatever you need me for I’m here, and they can rely on me to make it work and to deliver whatever we need to deliver on the night.”
If you use this exclusive quote, or any portion of it, please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Aldis also shared his thoughts on wrestlers working injured, and Cody Rhodes wrestling with a torn pectoral muscle, which you can read more on right here.
Keep an eye on our exclusives page for more quotes from this Nick Aldis interview.
You can listen to the interview below:
- Former WWE Wrestler Corroborates Rita Chatterton’s Rape Allegation Against Vince McMahon
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- Stipulation Added To Kevin Owens WWE Raw Match
- John Cena Granted Make-A-Wish Foundation Wishes Before WWE Raw
- Backstage Reaction To Upcoming John Cena WWE Return
- Kazuchika Okada Reveals Hope For Japanese Crowds Following Forbidden Door
- Bianca Belair Reveals Scary Situation With A Fan From Recent WWE Show
- Dax Harwood Explains His Support For Sasha Banks Amid WWE Walk Out Drama