A top AEW star has credited Kenny Omega and Dustin Rhodes for them being in the company.
On the AEW Dynamite 200 show, Hikaru Shida defeated Toni Storm to win her second AEW Women’s World Championship.
Shida will now move on to defend the title in a four-way match against Toni Storm, Saraya and the winner of Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. vs. The Bunny on the August 16 edition of AEW Dynamite at AEW All In London from Wembley Stadium.
Ahead of the historic event, Hikaru Shida spoke with Wrestling Inc. where she gave a ton of credit to Kenny Omega and Dustin Rhodes for helping her reach All Elite Wrestling and to this point of her career. When asked who has helped her the most, she said:
“It’s definitely Kenny and Dustin.”
“Yeah, Kenny always trust Japanese joshi wrestlings. And, yeah, Kenny is not here? I think I’m not here and Japanese joshi wrestling is not in AEW. And also he can speak Japanese too, so he helps me a lot in language too.”
“And Dustin, he always cheer me up and he always trained female wrestlers and I was so happy when I saw him at the backstage. I come back from the stage and he was wait for me. I was so happy.”
For the full lineup for the AEW All In London event, click here.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed