AEW has crowned a new champion in the main event of AEW Dynamite 200 tonight (August 2).
Hikaru Shida has become a two-time AEW Women’s World Champion as she defeated Toni Storm to close Dynamite’s 200th episode.
Shida will now get a chance to do something she was not able to do in her first reign – she will be able to defend the title in front of a real crowd, something that she was unable to do during her pandemic era reign from Daily’s Place.
Toni Storm won the title from Jamie Hayter at Double Or Nothing resulting in a 67-day reign.
Shida now joins Storm as being the only two-time AEW Women’s World Champions.
Elsewhere on tonight’s AEW Dynamite 200, the main event for AEW’s London debut was revealed. To find out who will be headlining the major stadium show All In, click this link.
Hikaru Shida is your NEW #AEW Women's World Champion!
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) August 3, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed