The planned main event of tonight’s (May 16) WWE Raw show was changed from advertised, due to Women’s Tag Team Champions Sasha Banks and Naomi legitimately walking out of the show.
WWE have since released a statement, claiming the two said they were ‘being disrespected’ as the champions. However, that is apparently just the start of it.
WrestleVotes took to Twitter later in the night, reporting that there was tension backstage ‘all day’ prior to the pair walking out of the show.
Source notes the WWE statement regarding the Sasha / Naomi walkout is just the baseline of the details. The tension leading up to the walkout was palpable all day, with both superstars upset at something that transpired. More details will come out in due time on this.
You can read WWE’s full statement on the situation at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW