Konosuke Takeshita has quickly become an insanely popular member of the AEW roster in the past few months since he arrived in the promotion.
Takeshita had been in the United States on excursion from DDT, with his ROH World Championship match against Claudio Castagnoli at AEW Battle of the Belts being his last match before he returned to Japan.
Takeshita took to Twitter to announce his departure from the United States this week, with him set to return to action for DDT later this month.
This prompted numerous responses from AEW stars, including Chris Jericho, who declared that Takeshita will be a ‘future world champion’.
There was also speculation of WWE being interested in signing a Japanese star, with Takeshita being one of the names speculated to have interest from the company.
Future World Champion. https://t.co/9AyGZ8c9fp
— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) August 13, 2022
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future