I don’t know if you’ve heard, but something pretty important happened last night (August 20).
After seven years away from professional wrestling, many people were wondering if Punk would fully commit to AEW, or if he would be working a lighter, more part time schedule.
During the post-show media scrum, Punk put all those fears to bed, stating that while he didn’t want to go into the full details, that this contract was full-time and long term.
“I don’t really know if you want to know how the sausage is made. One of the biggest appeals of AEW looks like they show up. Have a good time. You don’t want to know the terms of my contract. Just know that I’m here. It’s not a short-term thing and I’m here to help anyone that wants help,”
AEW President Tony Khan joined Punk on the scrum, and he reiterated this fact, saying:
“We’re going to be doing this for a while. We’re excited. This isn’t a short-term thing or a part-time thing. This is full-time and we’re very excited.”
CM Punk will make his first appearance on AEW Dynamite this Wednesday in Milwaukee.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety