More details have emerged on former WWE star Claudio Castagnoli’s AEW debut during the AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door event.
For former Cesaro wrestled Zack Sabre Jr during the crossover show, after Bryan Danielson revealed him to be his replacement.
AEW President Tony Khan then confirmed that Claudio is All Elite.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), it is unclear whether Claudio put pen to paper before his debut, but the terms of his deal with the promotion are said to be ‘long term’.
Claudio was reportedly seen backstage throughout the night, and wasn’t hidden away prior to his appearance.
The report noted that Claudio being unveiled as Danielson’s replacement was not the original plan for his AEW debut. The initial plans for Claudio’s first AEW appearance have yet to be revealed.
As previously reported, promotional material for Wednesday’s Blood & Guts bout featuring Claudio was produced prior to Forbidden Door. The star had been training at Flatbacks in Orlando in the weeks leading up to the crossover event.
Check out our live results for AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door at this link.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned