A huge potential spoiler has emerged on Bryan Danielson’s replacement for tonight’s AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door event.
On tonight’s crossover show, Danielson will reveal the newest member of the Blackpool Combat Club, who will then face Zack Sabre Jr. The talent will also wrestle during Wednesday’s Blood & Guts bout.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), promotional material for the Blood & Guts match featuring former WWE star Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli) has been produced.
The report noted that nobody has explicitly stated that Cesaro will be Danielson’s replacement, however it was previously announced that Danielson’s mystery talent would be appearing on both shows.
This comes after a report that Cesaro has been training in the ring multiple times over the last few weeks.
Cesaro hasn’t wrestled since the February 11 SmackDown taping, losing to Happy Corbin in singles action. He left WWE later that month after his contract expired, ending his 11-year tenure with the company.
Kenny Omega recently stated that he believes fans will be ‘very happy’ with tonight’s reveal.
We will continue to provide updates on tonight’s AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door card as they become available.
Over 20 performers have left WWE this year so far. You can check out the full list of WWE departures in 2022 right here.
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19