Glenn “Kane” Jacobs won an unopposed Republican primary election in the Knox County mayoral race.
Jacobs was running unopposed and brought in 24,675 total votes. Kane now moves on to the general election on August 4 where he will be running against the Democratic primary winner, Debbie Helsley.
Jacobs released the following statement:
“Now more than ever, we must stand strong to defend our conservative values, and as your Mayor, that’s exactly what I will do. I’m humbled by your support and thank each of you for entrusting me to be your Republican nominee, and together, we will win in August to ensure Knox County remains the best place to live, work and raise a family.”
Glenn Jacobs won the 2018 Republican primary election by only 17 votes and won the general election by garnering 66% of the vote over Democratic candidate, Linda Haney.
Tonight was a victory for our Knox County conservative values. I can not express my gratitude to everyone who has shown me support over the past months! It is my honor to serve as your Mayor. Read my statement here → pic.twitter.com/0zYFNfhTiT
— Glenn Jacobs (@GlennJacobsTN) May 4, 2022
Kane recently showed off his new physique thanks to DDP Yoga on social media, which you can see here.
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- WWE Star Says Jade Cargill Would Be A Good Fit For His Faction
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’
- SmackDown Star Shares Cryptic Message Amid WWE Absence