NJPW star Hiromu Takahashi has teased an IMPACT X Division Championship match, ahead of his upcoming bout against Ace Austin.
Takahashi is scheduled to face IMPACT X Division Champion on May 21 as part of the Best of the Super Juniors tournament.
Speaking with NJPW, Takahashi noted that Austin is quite a character, noting that he’s seen a bit of the IMPACT star in action before.
Sharing his thoughts on Austin holding the X Division Championship, Takahashi said:
“That title has quite a lot of prestige, and it says a lot about him that he’s already a three time champion. Beating a current champion might open up some pretty cool doors; I’m after everything I can get, after all.
“Having international wrestlers in this tournament definitely means that there are new eyes on the rest of us as well. There’s a big chance to create new Hiromu fans here, too. But I think Austin will wrestle every match like it’s a title match, so it’s on me to overcome that.”
Takahashi and Austin will both compete out of the A block.
AEW star and current ROH Pure Champion Wheeler Yuta will compete in the tournament in B-block action. After every star in the block has faced one another, the competitor with the highest score will face off against the leader of the A block in the tournament finals on June 3.
You can view Yuta’s schedule for his tournament matches right here.
You can view the full line-up for both blocks at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE SmackDown Segment’s Staggering Numbers Smash Social Media Records