An AEW star has commented on working with Mark Briscoe.
Following the tragic passing of Jay Briscoe (Jamin Pugh) in January, his brother Mark Briscoe officially signed with All Elite Wrestling. Briscoe has seen success in AEW and Ring of Honor since then. He is proud of doing things his way and being a fan favorite.
After pitching a partnership between the two long-time friends, Jay Lethal along with Jeff Jarrett, Satnam Singh and Sonjay Dutt have tried to get Briscoe to become a part of their unit.
This included Jarrett, Lethal and Singh teaming with the 13-time ROH World Tag Team Champion on April 14 episode of AEW Rampage.
On a recent episode of “My World” podcast, Jeff Jarrett discussed trying to get Mark Briscoe to see that there is another approach to professional wrestling that can take him even further in his career. Double J said:
“You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink. I can come up with 1000 different analogies. A lot of times, you settle for good and not great.”
“I guess you could say, Conrad, you’ll come up with some business analogies here, but sometimes you can be a victim of your own success, and think that the only way to do something is the way you’ve done it for years and years and years. And it got you to a certain level.”
“Well, the fact of the matter is, for Mr. Briscoe, it is a brand new day in a lot of ways for his career. For a lot of years, he was super successful in his situation.”
“AEW, like I said, last week, moves faster, stronger, better athletes, more pressure. All of that being said, as a unit, we’re trying to work the kinks out. Let’s just say that there was a lot of chatter going on.”
Jarrett continued on to reveal his conversation with Jay Lethal and telling him that he can’t change people, saying:
“Jay Lethal, we had a conversation. I said, ‘Jay, you can’t make people change. They gotta want change. Help him to see the reason why. Don’t tell him he should change.”
“Don’t tell him he has to do anything, but try to shed some light on our successes and lack of problems outside of Aubrey Edwards.'”
As previously reported, Jeff Jarrett recently commented on the result of Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania 39.
Transcription via Fightful
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats