John Cena has a big anniversary coming up in WWE and thinks it may have been a bit too long since he has been back.
Speaking to Adam’s Apple in an on the street interview, Cena shares his plans for the future with WWE, saying he hopes to return sometime soon, noting:
“Oh, soon. I know in WWE, I turn 20 pretty soon so that’s a pretty big thing. From a pretty storied class of folks Batista, Randy Orton, Brock, we kind of all turn 20 this year, so I’m aware that that’s coming around the corner, and who knows, but it’s one of those hard truths to bear. There’s a lot of cool stuff going on, and I don’t want to say no to any opportunities that are on my doorstep. So I don’t know when I’ll be back. But hopefully, it’s soon. I’ve been gone for too long.”
John Cena has been doing a variety of Hollywood projects since last featuring full time on WWE television including the HBO series Peacemaker, TBS’ reality competition Wipeout in addition to having gotten married.
Transcription via Sportskeeda
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown