AEW star Kenny Omega and NJPW star Kota Ibushi have been reunited, during their respective wrestling hiatuses.
Omega was one of the names suspended following the backstage altercation after CM Punk’s verbal tirade during the post-All Out media scrum.
The former AEW World Champion was recently been spotted in Japan.
Kota Ibushi has now shared some photos with Omega. The Golden Lovers enjoyed a bite to eat, before playing some video games.
Ibushi himself hasn’t wrestled since the G1 Climax 2021 finals in October. This bout was notably called off after Ibushi suffered a separated shoulder after botching a top rope splash.
The Japanese star and NJPW have had issues over the course of the last year, with NJPW officially addressing a ‘severe disagreement’ between the two sides in May. Talent reportedly believe that Ibushi won’t return to NJPW.
Omega and Ibushi notably wrestled as the Golden Lovers in DDT Pro and NJPW, with the duo last teaming together in December 2018 at a NJPW Road To The Tokyo Dome show.
Another recently suspended AEW is set to return to work at Wednesday’s Dynamite taping.
— 飯伏 幸太 (@ibushi_kota) September 14, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown
- WWE Files Several New Trademark Filings
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release