Last week, AEW star Malakai Black posted a long statement to announce he would be taking time away from the ring to focus on his life outside of the ring.
Since then, numerous reports have been released, including reports that it was believed he had been granted a conditional release from AEW, and that he had plans to return to WWE.
However, the man himself has now denied these claims during an Instagram Live stream.
“That [conditional release] is false. I don’t know why you trust these people to tell you the truth. Because it’s not true.”
Black went on to promise fans he would be back in AEW soon, although he was careful not to make any promises, as he doesn’t know exactly how long he needs.
“It’s not confirmed [his release]. Clearly it’s not confirmed. None of it has been confirmed because I haven’t left. I’ve been given time off by Tony Khan to take care of a bunch of stuff. All this stuff was weeks ago. I posted that statement as a summary to understand why I [am taking] some time off. It is in the statement. It’s mind boggling.
“I will see you guys in a couple of weeks, maybe a couple of months. Like I said, I’m only taking some time off…there’s nothing going on. I’m fine. I’m going to be fine. Everything’s fine. You’ll see me right back in AEW pretty soon. I’m just going to take some time, that’s it.”
Quote via Wrestling Observer
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Makes AEW Debut
- John Cena WWE Return Date Officially Revealed
- WWE Star Addresses Potential CM Punk Return
- Update On Possible Sasha Banks NJPW Debut Match
- WWE Discussing Roman Reigns Working Both Nights WrestleMania 39, Potential Opponents Revealed
- Scrapped MJF Babyface AEW Plans Revealed
- Report: Absent AEW Star Rejected Creative Plans For Return
- Kenny Omega Reacts To WWE Star’s Latest Shot At Him
- New WWE Signings Potentially Revealed, Plans For Reality Show
- WBD ‘Thrilled’ With AEW Dynamite Viewership