Amidst the current #SpeakingOut movement, one of the people accused of sexual abuse is Marty Scurll. The Ring of Honor star was accused of sexually abusing a woman when she was 16. The woman goes by Kitten on Twitter.
Since being accused, Marty Scurll has since issued a statement in response to the accusation. He released the following statement on Twitter:
“I am aware that a young woman has bravely come forward with her account of sexual abuse by some members of the wrestling community in the UK 5 years ago, a community I was a part of.
Although I truly believe that our encounter that evening was consensual, and the fact that the encounter was legal is almost not the point. I understand that she now views our encounter as part of a bigger problem within the wrestling community.
What concerns me at this moment is that from what I have been reading, she is a fan of wrestling and was made to feel unsafe within that community. This is not acceptable. I also understand that people have been attacking her on social media, and I implore you to please stop. She has a right to her voice and it is our responsibility to listen.”
The #SpeakingOut movement continues to be used to shed light on sexual abuse and harassment in the pro wrestling industry.
If you are affected by these stories in any way and require help, please follow this link.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star