One of the biggest stars in Lucha Libre has revealed that he has COVID-19. That star is CMLL’s Mistico who revealed the news on his Instagram.
Mistico’s post states that while he is in discomfort he wants to let people know he is well. He ended his statement by saying he will not let COVID-19 defeat him. Here is the full caption:
“There wasn’t a worse way that I could say bye to the year other than testing positive for COVID-19. Hopefully, these discomforts end soon. God bless you all and take care of yourselves. My friends, this is crazy. Bags under my eyes, headaches, my bones hurt, chills, weight loss. And I want to say to all of my friends, who are checking up on me that I am well. And to my family, I love you for supporting me always. But I will say that I am scared knowing that this virus that has killed many people is now in my body. But I am a fighter and it will not defeat me. It will be one more challenge in my life. A fight vs COVID-19.”
It should be clarified that this is not the same Mistico fans may recognize as the original Sin Cara in WWE. When that version of Mistico went to WWE, the current iteration took over. The original Sin Cara has since returned to Mexico and is wrestling as Caristico.
We here at WrestleTalk wish nothing but the best for Mistico during this trying time.
- WWE Stars Honor Late TV Star Jason David Frank
- AEW Star Praises Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat After Return Match
- Bayley Recruits Recent Celebrity WWE Signee to Damage CTRL?
- Correction On William Regal AEW Contract Status
- Sami Zayn/Roman Reigns Plans Revealed, William Regal WWE Return Update, Major WWE India Show – News Bulletin – November 28, 2022
- CM Punk “S**t The Bed” Putting AEW Into “Freefall” Claims WWE Hall of Famer
- Real Reason Why Roman Reigns Didn’t Have Red Gear For Survivor Series WarGames
- Former WWE Star Criticizes Aspect Of AEW TV For Being ‘A Bit Much’
- Details On New WWE Tryout This Week
- Triple H Reveals Scrapped Plans For Celebrity Appearance At Survivor Series