A recently returned AEW star has said he doesn’t have creative pull within the company, with decisions on his opponents and stories lying at the feet of AEW President Tony Khan.
Speaking to Good Karma Wrestling, Miro explained that he doesn’t have the say on where he is heading on AEW programming, saying that he’ll beat whoever is put in front of him.
“I don’t have that pull.
“I just show up, I beat people, whatever they tell me.
“I write my promos, I deliver my promos and everything else is up to him (Tony Khan), to the man who sits on top of that chair.
I’m not that guy that, ‘Oh, I want to work with this guy or with this guy or with that guy’, no man, just give me the best, I’ll take them all.”
Miro also conveyed the importance of storytelling in his future creative direction, saying he wants to capture the intrigue of the AEW audience:
“It’s not just about who you’re fighting, it’s about the story, how you get there.
“Let’s get there in a way that people are going to be intrigued by it, and then let’s have a good match after.
“But I’m interested in the storytelling as well.”
Interestingly it was reported during Miro’s over nine-month absence from AEW that he had turned down the company’s creative for him.
According to Dave Meltzer’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Miro had refused a plan to be part of a battle royal where he would finish runner-up to Hangman Page.
Despite the reports, fans are undoubtedly happy to see The Redeemer back on TV, returning in triumphant fashion by defeating Tony Nese at the Collision premiere (June 17).
Another notable return on Collision was of course CM Punk who similarly to Miro was gone for over nine months from TV.
With Punk being a controversial figure, Miro weighed in on the drama that surrounds the situation – to find out his full comments, click this link.
Transcript courtesy of WrestlingINC
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Ex-WWE Star Edge (Adam Copeland) Joins AEW At WrestleDream 2023
- Jon Moxley Fined By AEW
- WWE Backstage Reaction To Edge (Adam Copeland) Departure & AEW Debut
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Explains Why He Left WWE To Join AEW
- Christian Cage Comments On Edge (Adam Copeland) Joining AEW
- Injured AEW Star Removed From Match At WrestleDream 2023
- Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Debut Match Opponent & Date Announced
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Expected To ‘Fill The Gap’ CM Punk Left In AEW?
- MJF Addresses Jay White AEW Attack Rumors
- New Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Nicknames Revealed?