Two more matches have now been announced for the next NJPW Wrestle Grand Slam show on September 4 at MetLife Dome.
NJPW has revealed that Kazuchika Okada will be in action at the next Wrestle Grand Slam event against Jeff Cobb. The Rainmaker pinned Cobb during the July 23 Wrestle Grand Slam show in the Tokyo Dome. Cobb attacked Okada earlier this week, continuing the rivalry.
Also on the September show, Chase Owens will defend his King of Pro Wrestling 2021 provisional trophy against Toru Yano. Owens won the statue at the July 23 event in a battle royal, last eliminating Yano.
The upcoming show will be headlined by Shingo Takagi defending his IWGP World Heavyweight Championship against EVIL. Takagi recently defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi at the Wrestle Grand Slam Tokyo Dome event.
Hiromu Takahashi will challenge Robbie Eagles for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title. Takahashi has been out of action since February due to a pectoral injury.
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions Zack Sabre Jr & Taichi of Dangerous Tekkers are set to defend their gold against Tetsuya Naito & SANADA of Los Ingobernables de Japon, and YOSHI-HASHI & Hirooki Goto.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Mercedes Moné Hints At Potential Unfinished Business in WWE
- Cody Rhodes Reveals Special WrestleMania 39 T-Shirt
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Top WWE Star Hopes To Work With AEW Star On Screen
- AEW Star Says Chad Gable Is The ‘Most Underrated Wrestler In The World’