NJPW star Tetsuya Naito is set to undergo eye surgery, per Tokyo Sports.
The leader of Los Ingobernables de Japon leader requires the surgery to repair superior oblique muscle paralysis, which had caused him to have double vision.
Naito had underwent a surgery for this in 2019, but has told Tokyo Sports that he is currently in a worse condition than he was then.
Optimistic about his condition, Naito stated that now is the best time to have the operation, with the junior heavyweights set to take the NJPW spotlight with the Best of the Super Juniors tournament that runs from May 15 to June 3.
Naito wrestled in the main event of last week’s Wrestling Dontaku event, unsuccessfully challenging for Kazuchika Okada’s IWGP World Heavyweight Championship.
Okada is slated to defend his gold against Jay White at Dominion, just two weeks before AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door.
Check out the full results from Wrestling Dontaku right here.
- Rumored New WWE Signing Vacates Championship
- Dolph Ziggler First Post-WWE Match Confirmed
- WWE’s Dominik Mysterio Breaks Silence With Message To Judgment Day After Title Loss
- CM Punk Backstage News From WWE NXT Deadline
- AEW Star Calls Out Triple H Following Controversial WWE Affiliate Comment
- Top WWE Star Pulled From Shows After Legitimate Injury
- AEW Star’s First Match In Six Months Confirmed
- AEW Star Responds To Claim They Were Punished For Social Media Conduct
- WWE Star Going ‘Back To The Drawing Board’
- TNA Wrestling Departure Confirmed