An update has emerged on CM Punk’s injury status ahead of the upcoming AEW All Out pay-per-view.
The official AEW World Champion last wrestled on the June 1 edition of Dynamite, announcing a foot injury shortly after.
On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that Punk isn’t expected to be out for too much longer.
Believing Punk will return to the ring within the next few months, Meltzer said:
“Punk should not be long before he returns, I mean not this month, probably not August, but perhaps All Out, perhaps Full Gear, I think it’ll be one of those shows when he’s back.”
If you use this transcription please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
All Out will be AEW’s next pay-per-view event, set to air from the NOW Arena on September 4.
At the last special, AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door, Jon Moxley defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi to become the interim AEW World Champion.
A number of top AEW names are currently on the shelf due to injuries, including Punk, Adam Cole and Santana, who is expected to be out of action for the rest of the year following an ACL injury.
Check out a list of every injured AEW star and expected return dates right here.
- Report: Sasha Banks Set For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- William Regal Shares Farewell Message For Blackpool Combat Club
- Top WWE Star Admits Injury ‘Still Isn’t Feeling Right’ Despite Return
- Returning AEW Star Reveals He Did Not Want To Take Hiatus
- Another Top WWE Star Pulled From Upcoming Shows
- WWE Star Wants To Apply For Great British Bake Off
- Popular AEW Star’s Contract Expiring In July 2023
- Potential Spoiler For WWE Royal Rumble Return
- Here’s What NXT’s Shawn Michaels Had To Say About William Regal
- AEW Backstage Reaction To Possibility Of Sasha Banks Joining The Company