AEW star Santana suffered an injury in the Blood and Guts match, with neither he or AEW diagnosing the injury details as of yet, but the AEW star promised that he would ‘speak soon’ earlier today on Twitter.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided an update on the injury. Fightful notes that AEW sources indicated last week that the Proud-n-Powerful member had sustained an ACL injury, which is what he told several people that Fightfut spoke to. Santana was at an event in Puerto Rico over the weekend to relinquish a championship, where he was seen on crutches and told a few people there that he had not yet had surgery.
As of now, Fightful was told that there are no plans to stop using Ortiz, as far as anyone in AEW is aware. It was previously reported that Santana and Ortiz have not been on great terms, not competing in a 2 on 2 match since Februrary. Santana was also accepting bookings as a solo act for quite a while before the injury.
AEW sources told Fightful that they expect Santana to be out of action for 8-12 months.
For a full list of currently injured AEW stars, click this link.
- Jerry Lawler Hospitalized After Medical Episode
- WWE Hall Of Famer Announces In-Ring Retirement
- Shocking WWE Tag Team Split
- WWE Announces Date & Location For SummerSlam 2023
- NXT Women’s Champion Roxanne Perez Announces Mystery Partner Is…
- Popular AEW Star Calls MJF ‘A Real Piece Of S**t’
- NXT Star References Recent Twitter Beef With Main Roster WWE Star On TV
- AEW Star Calls Tony Khan ‘The Best Boss I’ve Ever Worked For’
- WWE Raw Viewership & Demo Rating Decrease For February 6 Episode
- Former NXT Star’s AEW Debut Announced Amid WWE Return Rumors