It is with deep sadness that we must report that Tracy Smothers has passed away at the age of 58.
Smothers had been fighting a long battle with cancer. He had announced in 2019 that he was battling Lymphoma. Since then he had also dealt with heart issues as well as a hernia that needed surgery.
Smothers had a long career in professional wrestling, starting with his debut back in 1987. Since his debut, he wrestled for nearly every major wrestling promotion in the world at some point or another. His biggest runs came in the NWA, WCW, and ECW as part of the Southern Boys and the FBI.
In more recent years, Smothers had continued to wrestle on the independent scene with his last major appearance coming at TNA Hardcore Justice in 2010. The ECW reunion show saw Smothers team with Tony Mamaluke and Little Guido to defeat Kid Kash, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger.
He wrestled all the way up until last year when he had his final match with Marko Stunt at a GCW event.
We here at WrestleTalk extend our dearest condolences to the family, friends, and fans of Tracy Smothers.
If you have any memories of Tracy Smothers please feel free to share them with us on Twitter.
- Spoilers On Popular Star’s ROH Debut
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Shows Off New Head Tattoo
- Real Reason WWE Planned Seth Rollins Vs. Bron Breakker
- WWE ‘Real, Real High’ On Recently Debuted Stars
- AEW Referee To Wrestle In Upcoming Match
- Triple H Rejected Popular WWE Faction
- WWE Creative Decision Made Roman Reigns Say ‘I’ve Had Enough’
- AEW Stars Set For Big Tag Team Run This Summer?
- Plan For Heel AEW Star To Become ‘One Of The Biggest Babyfaces’
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom