There was a power failure during Wednesday’s AEW Dark: Elevation taping, ahead of the live episode of Dynamite.
On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer revealed that prior to last night’s show, AEW experienced problems with power in the Chesapeake Employers Insurance Arena.
During Max Caster’s match against Cheeseburger, power went out, but the taping continued, with AEW airing a dark match just for the crowd, as they couldn’t film it.
“Did you know they actually had a power failure. Ok so this was actually before the show started, Max Caster was wrestling Cheeseburger and Cheeseburger was very very over which is the second time they’e used him and he was very over both times.
“Yeah, the entrance and the announcing place all of a sudden went dark, so they did the match, Max caster won, and they did another match which was Sky Blu and Nyla Rosa and then they said ‘this match is only for you fans in the arena, it will never air, because they couldn’t tape it because they had the power failure. Luckily they got it fixed by 8pm and there was no problem with Dynamite.”
Following Dynamite, AEW held a taping for Friday’s edition of Rampage. You can check out the results from the taping right here.
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- Another WWE Star Trying To Join Judgment Day
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Former WWE Star Seemingly Signs Deal With The Company
- CM Punk WWE Brand Status Update
- WWE Legend Hospitalized Due To Illness
- AEW Star Set To Return To IMPACT Wrestling
- Backstage Details On Randy Orton WWE Creative Plans
- ‘A Lot Of Negativity’ Backstage In AEW, Reasons Why Revealed
- WWE Botches Big Match Announcement?