Reportedly a plan for an “overplayed” angle was squashed in advance of tonight’s WWE Raw involving Omos and Bobby Lashley.
The often reliable WrestleVotes on Twitter tweeted:
“Over the course of the past week, there was an idea for a collapsing ring angle during the cage match tonight on RAW w/ Omos & Lashley. I’ve heard that idea got squashed over the weekend. Good. It’s way overplayed.”
The scrapped stunt comes on the heels of a very real and very scary-looking botch involving Bobby Lashley during WWE’s recent UK tour which saw the rigged ring ropes snap in advance of the planned sword angle, ejecting Lashley out of the ring.
Omos and Lashley continue their feud which kicked off in the lead up to WrestleMania 38 and it has continued to and through WrestleMania Backlash, set to culminate on Raw tonight with a steel cage match.
While there will undoubtedly be more added to the card, at the time of writing Bobby Lashley versus Omos is the only bout listed by WWE as anticipated for Monday Night Raw tonight.
Check back here for WWE Raw Live Results to keep up with all of the action on the show!
Over the course of the past week, there was an idea for a collapsing ring angle during the cage match tonight on RAW w/ Omos & Lashley. I’ve heard that idea got squashed over the weekend. Good. It’s way overplayed.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) May 16, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- WWE Hall Of Famer’s Daughter Slams WWE Star’s New Look
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Top Star Says AEW Talent Was ‘Very Good’ During Forgotten WWE Run