Tony Khan has discussed AEW World Tag Team Champions The Acclaimed and National Scissoring Day on AEW Dynamite.
Since coming close to winning gold against Swerve In Our Glory at All Out, Max Caster and Anthony Bowens of The Acclaimed have become one of the most popular acts in All Elite Wrestling.
The Acclaimed finally claimed the AEW World Tag Team Championships, defeating Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee on the September 21 Grand Slam edition of Dynamite.
The duo will celebrate their win with a special “National Scissoring Day” on the 3 Year Anniversary of AEW Dynamite.
Speaking with Variety, AEW President Tony Khan praised Caster and Bowens as well as discussed National Scissoring Day.
“They found ways to connect with the audience, but also to have great matches, and you have to be able to do both to be a truly top wrestler. Scissoring is something that really connects to the fans. So I think all this week and especially around Wednesday, and maybe the continuing into Thursday at school the next day, there’s going to be people scissoring at school, at work and in the audience at AEW, and there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s a great way to greet somebody.”
The segment will join Bryan Danielson and Daniel Garcia vs. Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara as well as Wardlow vs. Brian Cage for the TNT Championship on the lineup for tonight’s Dynamite.
Stay up to date with the AEW roster’s win-loss record in 2022 (for televised matches) at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW
- Popular AEW Star Received Vince McMahon’s Blessing To Use Current Name