AEW President Tony Khan has noted that he is anticipating more bidding wars for top free agents and current AEW stars in the future.
Following former AEW EVP Cody Rhodes’ return to WWE at WrestleMania 38, Khan stated that he lost a very prominent free-agent.
Speaking with Marc Raimondi of ESPN, Khan stated that he believes there’s bound to be some free agent movement in the future, with numerous AEW contracts coming up in the next couple of years.
“Yeah, I am. We have a lot of great wrestlers here. I expect there probably will be down the road interest in some of them, because we’re putting on such strong shows. I think there’s bound to be free-agent movement. On both sides of the competition. I think it’s great for the wrestlers.”
MJF is one star who has been very vocal on-screen and in interviews about his contract expiring in 2023. The AEW Original is reportedly legitimately frustrated with his current deal, which you can read more about right here.
Also in the interview, Tony Khan commented on the future of the Blood & Guts stipulation, revealing when fans can expect the next iteration of the match to take place.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw