Former two-time NXT Champion Karrion Kross made his return to WWE on last week’s episode of SmackDown alongside Scarlett, where he attacked Drew McIntyre to close out the show.
Kross was infamously called up to the WWE main roster back in July of 2021, still the NXT Champion at the time, when he lost his debut match to Jeff Hardy in around two minutes.
Kross was stripped of his NXT presentation, and given a helmet and straps before his release back in November after only 5 months on Raw.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided an update on Kross’ WWE return, noting that Triple H is a big supporter of Kross and Scarlett, and was ‘dismayed’ with how Kross was handled on the main roster last year.
The report also reiterates that Kross is listed as SmackDown’s number two heel internally, behind only Roman Reigns.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future
- Powerhouse Hobbs & More AEW Stars React To Jade Cargill Joining WWE