Earlier today, a potential spoiler for the AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door show emerged online.
The spoiler came from the scheduled Forbidden Door meet and greet at tonight’s Collision tapings in Toronto with several top NJPW stars.
Among the NJPW stars listed was Tetsuya Naito, who is not currently announced for the show, though he is being heavily speculated as the person who will be revealed as Darby Allin and Sting’s tag team partner.
However, there has been an update on the situation, with Naito’s advertised meet and greet now being pulled, with him being replaced by Hiroshi Tanahashi.
Tanahashi was originally advertised for the meet and greet, so it’s not known if naming Naito was simply an error, or if he will not be present at Forbidden Door after all.
There is reportedly set to be ‘at least one’ change made to the card for Forbidden Door.
We will provide any updates on the situation as and when they become available.
AEW briefly advertised Naito for a meet and greet and then removed the advertising.
— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) June 24, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Graphic Photo Of Becky Lynch Injury After NXT No Mercy 2023
- Edge ‘Too Loyal To WWE’ For AEW Debut Says Hall Of Famer
- New Update On Potential Edge AEW Debut Ahead Of WrestleDream
- WWE Faction Officially Breaking Up
- Carmelo Hayes Addresses NXT Championship Loss At No Mercy 2023
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- Bryan Danielson Discusses Edge Potentially Joining AEW Ahead Of WrestleDream
- Update On Canceled TV Series Featuring CM Punk
- Jon Moxley Pushing For AEW To Sign Top Free Agent