A top star has provided an injury update ahead of AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door.
Will Ospreay was pulled from the New Japan Cup 2023 tournament after being sidelined with a shoulder injury following his bout against Mark Davis.
The former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion was forced to miss a significant time in March and April before making his return.
After making his return, Ospreay defeated Lance Archer to become the number one contender for the IWGP United States Championship and will now move on to face Kenny Omega at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door on Sunday, June 25.
Speaking to Knotfest, Ospreay was asked for an update on his shoulder ahead of his high profiled bout. He replied:
“As good as it physically can be, the weight difference was for sure a factor facing Lance,”
“The sheer mass of the guy and it not being fully healed was extremely difficult to be able to hit any type of power moves, so had to go for strikes instead.”
Omega defeated Ospreay to win the IWGP United States Championship at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17. Many fans and critics have called the bout the consensus Match of the Year.
When asked about the pressure to top their previous encounter, Ospreay answered:
“There is way more pressure as everyone will always want to be able to top it. This time, I’m more motivated to get the right results and have answers to his offense.”
For the full lineup for AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door, click here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Dolph Ziggler Released By WWE
- Maximum Male Models React To Being Released By WWE
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- Released WWE Stars Reveal Backstage Details About Vince McMahon
- AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam Draws Highest Viewership Since February, Highest Demo Rating Since September 2022