Warner Bros. Discovery is set to launch a new sports venture with BT that could potentially affect WWE and AEW content distribution in the UK.
Per Variety, BT Sport will be transferred to Warner Bros. Discovery as part of the planned 50-50 venture. This would mean that BT Sport and Eurosport UK would be operated together.
BT Sport and Eurosport UK are expected to remain separate brands initially, before being brought under as single brand. A date for this has not been announced.
It was also noted that customers who access BT Sport through BT, as well as a large portion of BT TV customers, will receive Discovery+ as part of their existing subscriptions.
BT Sport is notably the home of WWE in the UK. Warner Bros. Discovery also owns TBS and TNT, the networks which AEW Dynamite and Rampage air on in the US. UK AEW fans currently have to watch through FITE.
The report did not mention how the change will affect WWE and AEW streaming in the UK. AEW is set to negotiate a new TV deal in the next couple of years, which could result in AEW content moving to this new brand in the UK.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
- WWE Star Returns After Over 10 Months
- AEW Stars Join New Faction
- CM Punk Hilariously References Seth Rollins Incident Following WWE Return
- WWE Star Reacts To Banned Move Seemingly Being Unbanned
- EXCLUSIVE – Claudio Castagnoli Addresses CM Punk Joining WWE, Adam Copeland Joining AEW & More
- Top WWE Star Teases First Ever Match With CM Punk
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Officially Joins Brand
- WWE Raw Ratings Following CM Punk Return Revealed
- WWE Star Returns With Bizarre New Gimmick
- Mercedes Mone Shares Major Update On Wrestling Return