Yesterday on SmackDown Live, it was confirmed that the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship match will take place on the WWE Money in the Bank KickOff show instead of the main show as was previously advertised.
Harper and Rowan, the Bludgeon Brothers, won the Championships in April at WrestleMania 34 when they defeated the New Day and then-Champions, the Usos, in a Triple Threat match.
The former Wyatt Family members successfully retained the straps in the Usos’ contractually obligated rematch at Greatest Royal Rumble in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, later that month.
A few weeks ago, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows picked up a win over Jimmy and Jey in a number one contenders’ match, for the opportunity to challenge the Bludgeon Brothers at Money in the Bank this Sunday.
Last week on SmackDown Live, Anderson picked up a win over Harper in singles action with a quick roll-up.
Other than the graphic, that revealed this bout would take place on the pre-show, neither team appeared in yesterday’s episode of SmackDown.
Not even a spooky promo from Harper and Rowan, like this one two weeks ago.
You could consider it lucky that they’ve even made the pre-show – there was no SmackDown Tag Team Championship match at Backlash (which you might see as a good thing), and the Raw Tag Team Champions, the Deleters of Worlds, are not scheduled to defend against number one contenders the B-Team this Sunday.
Here is the currently confirmed card for WWE Money in the Bank 2018, which will take place on June 17, emanating from Chicago, Illinois:
- The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) (c) vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson – WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships – Pre-show
- Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass
- Seth Rollins (c) vs. Elias – WWE Intercontinental Championship
- Bobby Lashley vs. Sami Zayn
- Roman Reigns vs. Jinder Mahal
- Carmella (c) vs. Asuka – WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
- Nia Jax (c) vs. Ronda Rousey – WWE Raw Women’s Championship
- Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match
- Braun Strowman
- Finn Bálor
- The Miz
- Bobby Roode
- Kevin Owens
- Samoa Joe
- Big E/Kofi Kingston/Xavier Woods
- Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match
- Ember Moon
- Charlotte Flair
- Alexa Bliss
- Becky Lynch
- Sasha Banks
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura – Last Man Standing Match – WWE Championship
The Money in the Bank event will stream live on the WWE Network from 7 pm ET/4 pm PT/12 am BST, with the Money in the Bank KickOff show beginning an hour earlier.
What are your predictions for this match? Are you surprised it’s been bumped to the pre-show? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter here. You can also join us on Discord to chat with Oli, Luke, the magazine team, the website writers and each other here!
- The Good Brothers
- WrestleMania 34
- Money in the Bank
- wwe smackdown tag team championships
- wwe money in the bank 2018
- The Usos
- Bludgeon Brothers
- WWE Raw tag team championships
- deleters of worlds
- good brothers
- money in the bank 2018
- wwe money in the bank
- karl anderson
- the club
- luke gallows
- the new day
- greatest royal rumble
- the bludgeon brothers
- backlash 2018
- New Day
- AEW Star Reacts To Real-Life Brother Winning Championship In WWE
- WWE’s Rhea Ripley Sends Emotional Message To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Rumored New WWE Signing Vacates Championship
- WWE’s Dominik Mysterio Breaks Silence With Message To Judgment Day After Title Loss
- CM Punk Backstage News From WWE NXT Deadline
- Dolph Ziggler First Post-WWE Match Confirmed
- Video Footage Of WWE’s Cora Jade Breaking Character Meeting CM Punk Backstage At NXT Deadline
- AEW Star Calls Out Triple H Following Controversial WWE Affiliate Comment
- Top WWE Star Pulled From Shows After Legitimate Injury
- AEW Star’s First Match In Six Months Confirmed