Almost one week removed from the controversial finish to the main event of WrestleMania 39 and are still discussing whether WWE made the right call or not to have Roman Reigns defeat Cody Rhodes.
While the general consensus online amongst fans is that Cody should have in fact won the match and ended Roman’s near 1000 day title run, the decision has been defended by many voices within WWE including WWE’s Chief Content Officer Triple H at the post-WrestleMania press conference.
While recently Paul Heyman would also chime in recently stating to BT Sport’s Ariel Helwani that the finish to WrestleMania was “storytelling at it’s very best”.
Also keen to add his two cents was Monday Night Raw announcer Corey Graves, who spoke on WWE’s After The Bell Podcast regarding the finish to Reigns vs Rhodes and paralleled Cody’s potential path with that of his father’s.
“Look back to a person that was [name] dropped multiple times during the lead-up to Roman and Cody, that being ‘The American Dream’ Dusty Rhodes.
“Dusty became the common man because Dusty constantly came up short, usually due to no fault of his own. But people connected with that, people understand that.
“People live vicariously through WWE superstars, and there were a million people around the world in Cody’s boots with him.”
While Graves would defend the decision, he did empathise with the fans who thought the contrary should have happened but implored them to be keep watching:
“Whatever you take away from it, that’s fine. You’re not wrong. If you made a YouTube video cussing and swearing about how you’re done, you don’t like WWE anymore, good. Good, because you feel that emotion.. Just wait because it’s going to get better.”
Transcript courtesy of WrestlingInc
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- WWE Hall Of Famer’s Daughter Slams WWE Star’s New Look
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Top Star Says AEW Talent Was ‘Very Good’ During Forgotten WWE Run