WWE reportedly appears to be excited for TV rights talks with FOX following the recent TV deal announcement of the Big Ten Conference.
On August 18, it was announced that the Big Ten Conference has a new seven year deal with FOX, CBS and NBC worth over $8 billion.
Per PWInsider, numerous high level executives within WWE have been privately touting the announcement, believing the deal is an indication that WWE President and co-CEO Nick Khan’s strategies work when it comes to putting WWE in a great position for when TV rights are up.
There has reportedly been a lot of talk internally noting that ‘Khan’s crystal ball’ is leading WWE in the right direction for future deals for Raw, SmackDown and the WWE Network.
It was pointed out that during stockholder conference calls, Khan often discusses the benefits of integrating advertisers and sponsors into live programming, believing that it puts WWE in a highly valued position.
Khan and Chairwoman Stephanie McMahon were named the new WWE co-CEOs following Vince McMahon’s retirement. Triple H has been running WWE creative following Vince McMahon’s departure.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE Backstage Reaction To Edge (Adam Copeland) Departure & AEW Debut
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Explains Why He Left WWE To Join AEW
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Expected To ‘Fill The Gap’ CM Punk Left In AEW?
- Christian Cage Comments On Edge (Adam Copeland) Joining AEW
- WWE Raw Match Cancelled Due To Top Star Not Being Cleared
- New Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Nicknames Revealed?
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Comments On Wife Beth Phoenix Potentially Joining Him In AEW
- Why Edge (Adam Copeland) Can Use ‘Metalingus’ WWE Theme In AEW
- Rhea Ripley Gives Ultimatum To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Clarification On Bryan Danielson AEW Collision Role