A WWE star set an impressive record over WrestleMania 39 weekend, and it’s one that will likely never be replicated.
At NXT Stand & Deliver, Carmelo Hayes unseated Bron Breakker, becoming the NXT Champion for the first time in his career, and ending Breakker’s near year long run with the gold.
With this victory, Hayes officially set an impressive record in the company, becoming the only person in the history of NXT to hold all three singles titles.
Hayes had previously held the North American Championship on two occasions, as well as the NXT Cruiserweight Championship when he unified the title with the North American Championship at last year’s New Year’s Evil event.
Many former NXT Champions have held the North American Championship, with Roderick Strong being the only person to hold the NXT Cruiserweight Championship and another singles championship.
Hayes and Breakker were a part of a big double turn to close out this week’s NXT show.
Bron Breakker is still advertised for the upcoming NXT Battleground show, seemingly delaying his potential call up to the main roster.
Streets saying I’m the only person in NXT to hold all 3 single titles…is this true?
— Carmelo Hayes (@Carmelo_WWE) April 6, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name