WWE
A WWE star’s previously announced debut match for tonight’s episode of SmackDown has been cancelled after an attack.
Following WrestleMania 42, vignettes began airing on SmackDown for the arrival of ‘The Glamour’ Blake Monroe following her final match in NXT against Tatum Paxley.
Blake has made one in person appearance on SmackDown since, with her attacking Giulia after her match with Kiana James on June 26 in London.
Last week, Nick Aldis finally told Blake that she would be making her in-ring debut on tonight’s SmackDown show, with Giulia then appearing backstage and accepting the challenge to be her first opponent.
Blake Monroe Still Yet To Debut
WWE had advertised Blake’s in-ring debut for the past week, but it turns out fans will have to wait a little longer to see the Glamour in action.
Ahead of tonight’s match, Cathy Kelley interviewed Blake backstage, with her saying tonight’s match wasn’t the debut she envisioned, and that she wanted to debut wrestling for the World Championship.
Blake would then jump Giulia during her entrance, attacking her before the match would get underway and leave, with her debut match never taking place.
Elsewhere In The Women’s Division
There was further action in the WWE women’s division on SmackDown tonight after Blake Monroe and Giulia’s match never happened, as Lash Legend faced Tiffany Stratton.
Legend picked up the win before she and Nia Jax continued to attack Stratton post-match before Interim WWE Women’s Champion Chelsea Green came out and made the save.
Green got a major reaction from the fans as it was her first appearance in her home country of Canada since winning the title at SummerSlam.
There was also a backstage segment earlier in the show teasing a six-woman tag team match with Alexa Bliss, Charlotte Flair and Tatum Paxley facing Fatal Influence.
To make sure you stay up to date with all the biggest wrestling and WrestleTalk news, follow us on Threads by clicking this link!
Trending
- WWE Championships To Be Scrapped
- Ilja Dragunov WWE Departure Reason Revealed
- AEW Champion Addresses Former WWE Star Girlfriend’s Future After Becoming Free Agent: ‘She’s Hungry, She’s Ready’
- Former WWE Star Details Nick Khan Conversation Before Re-Signing: ‘He Apologized For The Way They Had Treated My Character’
- Released WWE Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- ‘So Many People Told Me You Will Never Be Out Of A Job’ – Former Champion Wasn’t Expecting WWE Release Earlier This Year
- Current Champion Teases Shaving Head For Ilja Dragunov Match Outside WWE
- Planned Date For WWE John Cena Classic Event
- Bronson Reed WWE Return Update
- AEW Star Pulled From Continental Cup Due To Injury