The viewership figures for the August 5 edition of AEW Collision have now been revealed, revealing how WWE SummerSlam affected AEW TV ratings.
The eighth ever episode of Collision went directly up against a major WWE event, with this year’s SummerSlam show also taking place on Saturday night.
Per Wrestlenomics, the show drew a total of 417,000 average viewers. In the 18-49 demographic, the August 5 show earned a 0.13 rating.
For comparison, the previous week’s (July 29) episode was the second-most viewed episode of Collision so far, with an average of 739,000 total viewers and a 0.27 figure in the 18-49 demographic.
The episode before that (July 22) had an average of 618,000 total viewers, with a 0.18 18-49 viewership rating.
In the main event of the August 5 show, CM Punk defended his ‘real’ AEW World Championship against Ricky Starks, with wrestling legend Ricky Steamboat acting as an official.
While Punk isn’t recognised as the official AEW World Champion, he is now defending his own world title, arguing that nobody defeated him for the gold after he defeated Jon Moxley in September 2022.
In reality, Punk was stripped of the official world title during his suspension last year.
Following the Collision taping, Punk, Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler brought Dennis Condrey of the Midnight Express into the ring to pay tribute to the wrestling veteran.
You can watch the full dark segment right here.
You can check out the viewership figures of every episode of AEW Collision using our stats page at this link.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Update On Mustafa Ali WWE Departure
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Valuation Of Upcoming WWE SmackDown USA Network Deal Revealed