WWE filed a trademark for a new ring name on November 10, 2022, under various categories, including “education and entertainment”.
According to the USPTO listing, the new application is for the name Oba Femi.
The listing describes the trademark as:
“OBA FEMI™ trademark registration is intended to cover the categories of entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan club services, namely, organizing sporting events in the field of wrestling for wrestling fan club members; organizing social entertainment events for entertainment purposes for wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely blogs, in the field of sports entertainment.”
There’s no indication, at present, as to who Oba Femi is likely to be.
However, a dictionary search shows that “oba” is a local chief in Nigeria and Femi is Nigerian for “love me”.
Put together, the words could translate as “The King loves me.”
You can keep track of all trademark filings in WWE and AEW using our handy trademark filings tracker.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Huge Update On William Regal Joining WWE
- Major William Regal AEW Contract Update Amidst WWE Return Talks
- Report: Worrying Lack Of Fan Interest In WWE Survivor Series WarGames
- WWE Star Fires Shot At Kenny Omega
- Spoiler On Result Of Jeff Jarrett’s Second AEW Match
- WWE Name Fired By The Company
- Location For Future WWE Stadium Show Seemingly Revealed
- Real Reason Major Star Missed AEW Dynamite
- Backstage News On WWE’s Bonus Payments To Talent
- New WWE Role Pitched For Randy Orton