CM Punk has now responded to rumors that he has some backstage heat in AEW, following his Double or Nothing World Title win.
In the build to Hangman Page vs CM Punk, Page noted that he planned to defend All Elite Wrestling from the former WWE Champion. Following the segment, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer indicated that Punk might not be popular with everyone in the back.
During the post-Double or Nothing media scrum, Punk noted that he doesn’t believe there are many backstage who have an issue with him:
“I’ve grown so wise in my old age that I’ll do my best to be as diplomatic as I possibly can with this answer. If there are people backstage that don’t like me, it’s a minority. If anybody says that nobody wants me here, or nobody likes me, I’d like to say that nobodies don’t like me, and nobodies don’t want me here.”
At Double or Nothing, Punk notably defeated Page to become the new AEW World Champion, and the fifth man to hold the gold. Punk is also the third AEW World Champion to have previously held the WWE Title.
Stay up to date with every AEW title change of 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan