It’s now being reported that CM Punk “confronted” AEW President and CEO Tony Khan in a “heated, intense” situation.
Punk got involved in a backstage altercation with Jack Perry at All In, which you can get caught up on at this link.
It’s also been reported, but disputed by others, that there was an incident involving Punk and Miro as well. More on that can be found at this link.
Now, Wade Keller of PWTorch is reporting the following:
Punk confronted (Tony Khan) in his locker room in what has been characterized as a heated, intense manner and, at one point, according to three sources who have heard about the situation, told Khan he quit and chewed out Khan with harsh phrasing.
It was also noted that the relationship between Punk and Khan “might be getting to the point of beyond repair at this point”.
Haus of Wrestling also added they’d heard Punk said he “felt like he was working in a zoo”, but there are also other interpretations of what was exchanged.
PWTorch sources said the Khan incident happened before the Perry altercation.
So while not explicitly stated, it sounds like the Khan incident was likely prompted by Perry’s comment about using real glass during his match. So that would mean the Perry mid-match comment led to the Khan incident, then the Perry altercation happened after the Khan incident when Punk was already worked up.
Punk and Perry are both suspended by AEW, most likely meaning Punk will almost definitely miss out on being in his hometown of Chicago for this week’s Dynamite, Collision and All Out.
It was reported earlier that AEW didn’t contact Punk directly about his suspension, but he found out through his lawyer instead.
Reports have indicated Samoa Joe played a big part in breaking up the Punk/Perry altercation just before he and Punk were set for their match.
There had been last-minute discussions to change the match order and not have Punk go on first right after, but obviously things were sorted out and Punk vs Joe went ahead as planned.
We’ll keep you posted with any further details that emerge.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- AEW’s Saraya Says Ring Gear Collection Has Gone Missing
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- WWE Star Thanks The Wyatt Family For Inspiring Them To Get Into Wrestling