Cody Rhodes has confirmed that his promo on Monday’s episode of WWE Raw was unscripted.
Rhodes opened the show with an emotional promo, vowing to win the WWE Championship in tribute to his late father, Dusty Rhodes, before Seth Rollins came out to shake his hand.
On WWE The Bump, Rhodes stated that he was grateful for the opportunity to go out and speak in such an unscripted, raw fashion about Dusty, noting that it felt very special.
Rhodes had returned to WWE during WrestleMania 38 Saturday, as Seth Rollins’ mystery opponent, following his AEW departure in February.
The former AEW EVP explained that it was the perfect time for him to return to WWE, as he feels he has a limited time left in the ring.
You can watch Cody’s appearance on WWE The Bump below:
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Former Champion Becomes A Free Agent, Multiple Promotions Interested
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions
- AEW Star Opens Up About Fears That He’d Be Forced To Retire