Details have emerged on WWE negotiations surrounding the Ric Flair’s Last Match event on July 31.
Just one day after SummerSlam 2022, Flair teamed with Andrade El Idolo to face off against Jay Lethal & WWE’s Jeff Jarrett during the ‘Ric Flair’s Last Match’ Starrcast show.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE approached Starrcast about filming the event for a future documentary:
“The WWE did, however, try to get involved and film the event for a future documentary. There were negotiations where WWE wanted to film and Thompson in exchange wanted to be able to use WWE-owned footage (which likely would have been more Crockett footage that WWE owned) to help promote the show.
“But the two sides weren’t able to make a deal for either thing, but like AEW showed a clip of Mance Warner on television, it is likely WWE will make a deal for some footage down the line.”
Jarrett notably acted as special referee for the WWE Tag Team Championship bout between The Usos and the Street Profits at SummerSlam the night prior.
The Usos made history with this title defence, which you can read more about right here.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 at this link.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Major WWE Star Seemingly Injured During Match
- Potential Spoiler For Huge WWE Star Appearing At NXT Deadline
- CM Punk WWE NXT Plans Confirmed
- TNA Wrestling Partners With WWE Parent Company Streaming Service
- WWE Star Released Causes Announce Team Change
- WWE Star Still On Active Roster Despite New Role
- WWE Star To Wrestle Match With Broken Hand
- Triple H Reacts To CM Punk WWE NXT Plans
- Big Clue AEW Star Is Preparing To Join WWE?
- Sneak Peek At CM Punk Spotted Inside New WWE Headquarters For First Time