Jamie Hayter suffered a broken nose during her bout at AEW Battle of the Belts III, per Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.
During the August 6 event, Hayter challenged for Thunder Rosa’s AEW Women’s Championship. Rosa ultimately retained her title, pinning Hayter after 11 and a half minutes of action.
Sean Ross Sapp noted that during this contest, Hayter broke her nose, leading the many theorising that a rough-looking brainbuster caused the injury.
During the brainbuster, Thunder Rosa’s knee came down onto Hayter’s face, and Hayter held her face before going for the pin, as you can see in the clip below:
Rosa's knee fell on Hayter's nose during the brainbuster pic.twitter.com/4oDhLIRhng
— 요지 (@CuztheGistisFun) August 7, 2022
It is currently unclear how long Hayter will be out of action for.
Hayter has now been added to the long list of injured AEW stars, which notably includes AEW World Champion CM Punk, who is currently recovering from a foot injury.
Matt Menard of the Jericho Appreciation Society recently revealed that he’s dealing with shoulder injuries following Blood & Guts in June.
You can view a list of every injured AEW star and their expected return dates at this link.
We wish Hayter a safe and healthy recovery.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE Raw Star Moved Back To NXT, Reforms Tag Team
- Update On Whether Jungle Boy Has Officially Undergone Name Change
- The Incredible Story Of Deaf WWE NXT Wrestler Myles Borne
- Thunder Rosa Comments On Saraya’s AEW Debut
- Saraya Teases Match With Popular AEW Star
- Darby Allin Gets Stitches Following AEW Rampage Grand Slam (Photo)
- The Hilarious Reason Teddy Long Is Trending On Twitter
- WWE Raw Star Explains What Triple H Tells WWE Stars Before They Go Out
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- WWE Hall Of Famer Recalls Batista Being Difficult To Work With