WWE Hall of Famer Kane (Glenn Jacobs) has provided a huge update on his wrestling future and WWE status.
Speaking on The Right View with Lara Trump, the Mayor of Knox County, Tennessee revealed that he’s not interested in a return to wrestling, but likes being involved with WWE events.
Noting his wrestling past has allowed him to do some cool things for the people of Knox County, Jacobs said:
“Yeah, I actually don’t do that much anymore. I don’t want to get into a wrestling ring and actually get knocked down because I don’t know if I could get back up at this point. But yes, I still do things occasionally. For instance, WWE recently had SummerSlam, which is WWE’s second biggest event of the year at Nashville at Nissan Stadium, where the Titans play, and I announced the attendance for the evening.
“It’s awesome for me to just go out and still be a part of it. I mean, it’s one of the greatest shows on the planet, and that’s an experience that is unlike any other when you get out there in front of thousands of people and are just able to do something like that.
“I think people here think it’s really cool, actually. Because I have folks come up to me and say, ‘Hey, I saw you doing this,’ or ‘I saw you doing that,’ or, ‘I saw you on this WWE special.’ So it really is I mean, it’s rewarding for me.
“Also, I think I’m able to do some pretty good things in the mayor’s office because of that because of the fame that that has brought. I have a leg up sometimes when I need to get something done in here, and I know who to talk to. I know this person is a wrestling fan, so I can reach out to him. So I try to use that for the best benefit of the people of Knox County through my role as mayor as well.”
Jacobs was officially re-elected as the Mayor of Knox County to serve his second term in early-August.
He last wrestled in the 2021 Royal Rumble match, disposing of two stars before getting eliminated by Damian Priest.
Transcription via Fightful.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- ‘Make The Fight’: AEW Star Calls For Match Against Keith Lee
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname