Here’s the latest on Ring of Honor’s potential return to TV, following speculation that the promotion’s weekly show will return soon.
Since Tony Khan’s acquisition of ROH in March, the promotion has ran two pay-per-view events, Supercard of Honor in April, and Death Before Dishonor in July.
Khan previously stated that he initially wanted a TV deal with a Warner Bros Discovery network, as the AEW shows Dynamite and Rampage currently air on TBS and TNT respectively.
While some have speculated that a TV deal announcement is coming soon, Khan noted on a recent edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that he’s still working on securing a potential deal.
Khan noted that he is actively pursuing and excited about weekly ROH TV. Indicating that the deal might be with a non-Warner network, Khan said:
“I don’t have anything to announce. It’s something we’re still working on and actively excited about. And where that could live and where it might live, I don’t know yet.”
On September 4, AEW held its highly anticipated All Out pay-per-view event. CM Punk defeated Jon Moxley for the AEW World Championship in the main event of the show, before MJF revealed that he was the ‘joker’ entrant who won the Casino ladder match earlier that night.
Also on the show, ROH TV Champion Samoa Joe made his return. Wheeler Yuta is set to defend his ROH TV Title against Daniel Garcia on the September 7 edition of Dynamite.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors
- ‘Beef Up’ – Super Heavyweight WWE Star Issues Big Challenge To Roster