Former WWE star Santino Marella (Anthony Carelli) found himself on the receiving end of controversy earlier this week, when it was announced that former ROH and NJPW star Marty Scurll would be appearing at his Battle Arts Wrestling promotion.
Allegations against Scurll notably surfaced in the #SpeakingOut movement in 2020, with Scurll being accused of sexually assaulting an intoxicated 16 year old girl in the UK. Scurll had shared a statement in response to the allegations, claiming that he believed the encounter was consensual.
ROH announced Scurll’s departure from the promotion shortly thereafter.
Marella was criticised for the booking of Scurll due to the allegations, and he has now seemingly responded to the backlash. Taking to Twitter and writing in a now-deleted tweet:
Everyone deserves a second chance to redeem themselves.
The original tweet containing the announcement of Scurll’s appearance has also been deleted, so it is unclear if he will still be appearing.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Current NXT Star To Join WWE Main Roster Faction Soon?
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time