After a day of increased interest in the Sasha Banks and Naomi tale unfolding with WWE, an backstage update from scoop meister extraordinaire, Sean Ross Sapp on Fightful Select.
As we brought you earlier today, it was reported by PWInsider that both Sasha Banks and Naomi had been removed from the internal WWE roster.
Fightful reports they learned that both stars had disappeared from “other internal rosters as far back as ‘weeks’ ago,” however nobody that they spoke to from WWE’s digital team had been instructed to remove the talent from the official WWE.com website.
As widely noted, there was an instance in which a fan sign touting Sasha was edited before images were published by WWE, as well as our earlier report that WWE had edited Sasha Banks entirely out of Paige’s 2017 return segment in a new top 10 list video electing rather to use footage of also departed WWE star, Mickie James.
The Fightful report also goes on to state that according to their sources,
“WWE creative is operating on the assumption that Naomi and Sasha Banks aren’t returning whatsoever. One member of the creative team said that they’ve not heard of any contingency plans or creative prepared in the event that things come together.”
There continues to be no official announcement from WWE regarding Sasha Banks and Naomi’s contract status with the company beyond the company’s initial comments at the time of the incident.
Follow along with all the breaking news around the wrestling world by following WrestleTalk on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE SmackDown Segment’s Staggering Numbers Smash Social Media Records