The semifinal matches for the NJPW G1 Climax 32 tournament are now set, with the four block winners now determined.
The G1 Climax 32 tournament had a slightly different format to recent iterations. This year, there were four blocks to determine four winners for a semifinal round.
Following the August 16 event, we now know that Kazuchika Okada will battle Tama Tonga in one semifinal bout, and Tetsuya Naito will meet Will Ospreay in the second.
Okada won Block A with a 5-1 record, only losing once in block action to JONAH. Tonga was victorious in Block B, only dropping points for Tomohiro Ishii.
Naito advanced from Block C with a 4-2 record, losing to Hiroshi Tanahashi and Hirooki Goto, but picking up a crucial victory over Zack Sabre Jr to secure the tiebreaker.
Ospreay also won his block (Block D) with a 4-2 record, with Shingo Takagi ultimately coming up short in his attempt to win the block, losing to El Phantasmo on the August 16 show to finish at 3-3.
The two semi-final bouts will take place on August 17, ahead of the final on August 18.
A big update has emerged on AEW’s presence at the January 2023 NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 event, which you can read about right here.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Matt Riddle Makes Cryptic Announcement After WWE Release
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours
- Shawn Michaels Addresses Potentially Working With CM Punk In NXT
- Top WWE Star Expected To Return On September 29 SmackDown?
- Top WWE Star Believes Their Debut Was ‘More Shameful’ Than The Shockmaster
- Shawn Michaels Comments On Potentially Having Jade Cargill In NXT
- NJPW, MLW & CMLL Form New Strategic Alliance
- AEW Star Denies Being Under Mask On Dynamite But Says He Knows Who Was
- Released WWE Star Hilariously Reacts To AEW Dynamite Closing Angle