Seth Rollins has expressed interest in renewing his rivalry with Cody Rhodes once Rhodes returns from injury.
Rhodes returned to WWE during WrestleMania 38, as Seth Rollins’ mystery opponent. The former AEW EVP defeated Rollins at the event, and went on to score victories over the former WWE Champion at WrestleMania Backlash and Hell in a Cell.
Rhodes notably walked into Hell in a Cell with a torn pectoral muscle. On the following edition of Raw, Rollins attacked Rhodes, writing him off TV.
Speaking with Metro.co.uk, Rollins indicated that his rivalry with Rhodes will continue once he has healed up, noting:
“I mean, I’d like to get a win over him, so yes, I think there’s definitely more there. I would imagine if he comes back he’s probably gonna be gunning for me.”
“So, whenever he does return, I would assume I will have a target on my back.”
Cody Rhodes recently provided an update on his recovery during San Diego Comic Con, which you can read more about right here.
For a list of every WWE star out of action with an injury, and their expected return dates, click here.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023