I think a lot of us felt a wave of dread flow over us when Randy Orton suddenly popped up at the end of the Royal Rumble to hit Edge with an RKO. The dread quickly turned to joy when Edge reversed Randy’s attempted elimination to win the match, but the dread was real.
There’s no doubt that Randy Orton is one of the most important WWE stars of the past two decades, and continues to be one of the biggest name on any card, despite now being in his 40s.
In fact, some believe he’s doing the best work of his career, including Stone Cold Steve Austin, who discussed Orton’s recent work during an appearance on WWE’s The Bump.
“No, maybe one of these days. I look at what Randy Orton is doing right now, he’s putting out the best work of his career. Specifically, from a character standpoint and a promo standpoint. The guy is completely on fire and he’s really riveting to watch. His in-ring work has always been spectacular and the standard. The way he’s operating right now is amazing and as I watched the Royal Rumble, I was thinking, ‘hey man, is this going to be the guy that ties me with three Royal Rumble wins.’ Sure enough, Edge eliminated him.”
Austin added that he would love to work with Orton, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves with that one. There is nothing to suggest Austin is planning a comeback.
You can check out Austin’s appearance below.
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- Cody Rhodes Breaks Silence After Bloodline Attack On WWE Raw
- Cara Pipia Claims Ashley Massaro Was ‘Threatened’ To Keep Quiet About Alleged Rape, Vince McMahon & Stephanie McMahon Named
- ‘Massive Issue’ Caused By New Policy For Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone AEW Debut Show
- WWE Star Seemingly Turning Heel
- Untelevised Footage Of CM Punk Comments After WWE Raw Went Off Air
- WWE Star Confirms Torn ACL Injury
- Dominik Mysterio Addresses Claim WWE Crowd Reaction Is Fake
- WWE Star Not Seen For Six Months Teases Feud With Gunther