Former WWE Champion The Rock comments on Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift’s love for one another ahead of the Superbowl.
With February 11 marking the date of this year’s Superbowl, much of the discussion on the big game hasn’t been centered on the Kansas City Chiefs or the San Francisco 49ers.
Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce and Grammy Award-winning singer Taylor Swift have become the talk of the sports and entertainment world instead.
The Rock has become a hot topic of conversation back in the pro wrestling world and is a well-known “Swiftie,” which is the term for a fan of Taylor Swift.
Ahead of the Superbowl, The Rock spoke with CNN’s Coy Wire and was asked about the love between Swift and Kelce. He answered:
“I love it. I don’t have a problem with it, I feel like it’s all part of the game and it’s all the game that we play.”
“Guy starts dating a girl who happens to be the biggest star in the world and he’s a badass SOB on the field.”
“He’s a bad dude in the game and it’s part of a story, but at the end of the day – and I shared this with a few people I’ve talked to privately – is just all that goes away.”
Speaking to Wire directly, The Rock said:
“You [Wire] played the game, so you know at this level, all that stuff goes away.”
“You have to strip it all away and you have one intention and one focus and that’s just to ball out and play the game. That’s the beauty of it.”
“Like you got all the bells and the whistles and the cache and the pomp and circumstance and all this awesome hype that happens surrounding this Super Bowl.”
“This is a big one this year. It’s a big one, man, with a lot on the line and legacy on the line.”
Want to stay up to date with all the most important Wrestling and WrestleTalk News? Join our newsletter mailing list by clicking here, and selecting your preferences!
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Earns Second Place At Jiu Jitsu World League Tournament
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Star’s Upcoming Return
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match
- AEW Real-Life Father & Son Team Together For First Time Since Falling Out